Visit an Icy Crater Lake and Frost-Covered Shrine (Spring only)
Duration: 10 Hour(s) (approx.)
Take a bus from Sendai Station and visit the snow-covered Okama, a crater lake in Zao. You can also visit the Kattamine Shrine on the top of the Kattadake (1758 meters) and enjoy bathing in Togatta Hot Spring Resort at the foot of the mountain. An exciting, caterpillar-type vehicle will bring you to the Okama crater lake! You will be able to enjoy splendid panoramic views on this day tour. After going down the mountain, walk around Togatta Hot Spring Resort to unwind and cure your fatigue in the hot spring.
- The tour visits the snow-covered Okama, an landmark of Miyagi Prefecture, which is only accessible by snow vehicle during this season.
- All ages are welcome to join the tour in an air-conditioned snow vehicle called "Wild Monster."
- Enjoy a 360-degree view and the frost-covered Kattamine Shrine and its torii gate from 1700 meters high atop the Zao Mountains.
- Enjoy strolling around Zao and bathing in a hot spring.
- If you choose the optional deluxe class (additional charges apply), an exclusive reception and a special lounge are available. It offers a comfortable ride in a separate seat facing forward.
¥8,450〜¥12,100（Tax not included）
※The maximum price is the price including the options
【AVAILABLE TOUR DATE】
From March 16 to March 31, 2021
7:50 Meet up・・・8:20 Departure（from the tourist bus stop at Sendai Station East Exit）・・・＜travel by bus＞・・・10:10 Arrival at skiing ground, preparation （cold-proof boots rental）・・・10:30 Okama visit tour in Miyagi Zao (by snow vehicle）・・・12:50 Lunchtime （paid by yourself）・・・13:35 Leave the skiing ground・・・＜travel by bus＞・・・14:00 Arrival at Togatta Hot Spring Resort Tourist Information Center, free time・・・16:45 Leave Togatta Hot Spring Resort Tourist Information Center・・・＜travel by bus＞・・・18:05 The tour ends at the tourist bus stop at Sendai Station East Exit upon arrival
Enjoy viewing the Juhyo, frost-covered forest, and travel further to see Okama crater lake, an iconic location of the Zao Mountains.
Okama crater lake has strongly acidic water whose temperature gets warmer the deeper you go in the lake. Such a phenomenon has no match anywhere else in the world. Join us in exploring some of the dynamic natural scenery of Miyagi.
In the winter, the artistic figure of the mountains stands out when covered with snow. Seeing the sight, you may feel as if you've landed on a different planet. Why not enjoy a view of Okama that can only be seen at this time?
〈Overview of the tour〉
1. Check-in at the skiing ground and put on the cold-proof boots. The tour price includes the rental fee.
※Exclusive reception is available for the customers who chose the deluxe class (additional charges apply). You may have a complimentary drink at the exclusive lounge. A rental blanket in the vehicle is available. You can get a portable body warmer and original goods.
2. Now, get ready to ride the Wild Monster snow vehicle. You will go up as high as 1700 meters above sea level on the Zao Mountain range. You can enjoy the marvelous views of Sendai Plain and the Pacific on a clear day. In addition to the snow-clad Okama, you can see the Kattamine Shrine and its torii gate, both covered with frost.
3. After the 2-hour Juhyo tour, it is lunchtime. You can eat lunch on the rooftop of the Rest House while enjoying the splendid views around you.
4. After going down the mountain, you will be shown to Togatta Hot Spring Resort with a history of more than 400 years. Soak in the hot spring and unwind for a bit!
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：10 hours
- Minimum number of participants：1 person
- Meeting point：Tourist bus stop at Sendai Station East Exit
- Access：A 5-minute walk from Sendai Station Tourist Information Center
*Leave the station from the 2nd floor and walk the free passage. Take an elevator or an escalator to the ground floor. Find the white bus marked with "Sumikawa Snow Park" at Sendai Station East Exit tourist bus stop.
- Tour conductor for 24 hours：None
- Accompanying National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter or Local Licensed Guide Interpreter：None
- Meals (included in a tour fee)：None
- Language support：Japanese
- Included：Ticket for the standard class snow vehicle, cold-proof boots rental, transportation stipulated in the itinerary, taxes such as consumption tax
- Excluded：Ticket for the deluxe class snow vehicle (optional)
*Expenses such as transportation not stipulated in the itinerary, and personal expenses (lunch, admission to the hot spring, etc.)
- Items to bring：Cold protection measures (thick jacket, knit cap, gloves, sunglasses), motion sickness medicine (if necessary)
- Participation requirements：Not recommended for those who have a backache or serious heart trouble.
- Clothes：Clothes easy to move in
- Free Wi-Fi：〇
- Toilet： 〇
- Other things to note：
・An infant aged 2 or younger who does not require a seat can join the tour free of charge. He can sit on the knees of the guardian.
・Please write the age and number of infants who join the tour free of charge.
・In case of bad weather, this tour may be canceled partway through and changed to the natural Kamakura (snow hut) tour. In that case, you cannot demand a refund.
【TOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS】
Before booking the tour, please confirm the Tour Terms & Conditions and save the document.
【TOUR PLANNER AND CONDUCTOR】
Regional Branding Institute Co., Ltd.
Aqua Terrace UⅡ Bldg. 8F, 2-20-3 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0034
Travel Agency registered with a Tokyo Governor 2-7547
A regular member of All Nippon Travel Agents Association
10 to 8 days before the departure date of the tour 20%
7 to 3 days before the departure date of the tour 40%
2 days before the departure date of the tour 50%
The day before, On the day of the departure date of the tour 100%
After the tour departed, No show 100%