Jump into the Hot Spring Basin! Snow Onsen Trekking Tour! (Winter Only)
Duration: 130 Minutes (approx.)
Explore the mountain streams created by hot springs that erupted from geysers in a brand-new, authentic activity that can only be enjoyed in winter. At the end of the tour, try jumping into the warm basin of onsen, a hot spring! Enjoy playing in the mountain streams to the fullest in winter.
- Soak in the hot spring while taking in the mountains' snowy beauty in mid-winter.
- Visit Osaki City, home to a hot spring resort where you can enjoy nine different types of hot springs!
- Relax and bathe in a hot spring after your experience.
- Venture to mysterious land in the Tohoku Region, easily accessible from Tokyo (roughly 2 hours to the nearest JR station by Shinkansen).
Meet up, briefing (10 min)→Change clothes, get ready for departure (10 min)→Activity, photo time, bathing in the hot spring (90 min)→Change clothes, get ready to go home (10 min)→Receive photo data (10 min)
We bring you a new winter activity named "Snow Onsen Trekking," established in Osaki City, which has the longest history and tradition in the Tohoku Region. The city boasts various kinds of hot springs and beautiful nature and attracts many tourists.
After changing into a wet suit at a nearby inn, you will go around a special area where a wide variety of hot springs gush out in different forms. The participants of the tour will explore the natural mountain streams created by rivers flown from the deep mountains and hot spring waters joined together. Watch the powerful eruptions of the geyser up close! The boiling water shot up to 20 meters high with a roar is comparable to a dragon ascending to heaven, which is the iconic scene of this area. At the end of the tour, jump into the warm basin of the hot spring and say "cheese!" for a memorable photo of your experience!
After the experience, you can enjoy bathing in the nearby hot spring, said to be good for health and beauty. We highly recommend you to try this brand-new, luxurious tour, in which you enjoy both the coldness of Tohoku Region and the warmth of the hot spring!
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：130 minutes
- Meeting point：Fukiage Onsen Houunkaku
16, Onikobe Fukiage, Naruko Onsen, Osaki-shi, Miyagi-ken989-6941
From JR Furukawa Station, take Rikuu East Line for Shinjo (45 min)→Alight at Naruko Onsen Station
→Take Osaki City Bus "Naruko Onsen - Onikobe Line" (30 min)→Alight at Kanketsusen→walk for 2 min, or
→A 20-minute ride by taxi from Naruko Onsen Station
- Language support：English, Japanese
- Included ：Guide fee, wet suit, helmet, life jacket, gloves, shoes, admission to the hot spring
- Excluded：Expenses such as transportation not stipulated in the course, and personal expenses
- Items to bring：Rash guard (long-sleeves and long trousers), swimsuit, bath towel
- Participation requirements ：Anyone aged 9 and over
- Free Wi-Fi ：〇
- Toilet(Japanese/Western style)：〇
- Other things to note：If the tour is canceled due to bad weather, you will be notified on the tour date. A full refund will be made.
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.