Explore the Ice Monster Forest in Zao!Snow Vehicle Tour to See Juhyo, the Snow Rime
Duration: 10 Hour(s) (approx.)
Take a bus from Sendai Station and visit Miyagi Zao to view "juhyo" (frost-covered trees). You can enjoy sightseeing and bathing in Togatta Hot Spring Resort at the foot of Zao Mountain Range. An exciting caterpillar-type vehicle will bring you to the Ice Monster snow rime forest! You can take photos of the breath-taking juhyo and enjoy splendid views from the terrace on the top of the mountain. After going down the mountain, we recommend strolling around the hot spring town of Togatta. Unwind and cure your fatigue in the hot springs.
- Explore mysterious rare frost-covered trees.
- Easily accessible by bus from Sendai Station.
- Enjoy marvelous views of the Sendai Plain and the Pacific Ocean from 1700 meters high!
- Stroll around the hot spring resort after going down the mountain. There is a lot to do, such as making "kokeshi," a traditional wooden doll and soaking in the hot springs.
- If you choose the optional deluxe class, an exclusive reception and a special lounge are available. It offers a comfortable ride in a separate forward facing seat.
¥7,250～¥13,300（Tax not included）
※The maximum price is the price including the options
【AVAILABLE TOUR DATE】
A：From December 26, 2020 to January 8, 2021
B：From January 9, 2021 to January 31, 2021・From March 1, 2021 to March 14, 2021
C：From February 1, 2021 to February 28, 2021
7:50 Meet up・・・8:20 Departure （from the tourist bus stop at Sendai Station East Exit）・・・＜travel by bus＞・・・10:25 Arrival at skiing ground, preparation （cold-proof boots rental）・・・11:00 Juhyo visit tour in Miyagi Zao (by snow vehicle）・・・13:00 Lunchtime （paid by yourself）・・・13:50 Leave the skiing ground・・・＜travel by bus＞・・・14:30 Arrival at Togatta Hot Spring Resort Tourist Information Center, free time・・・16:50 Leave Togatta Hot Spring Resort Tourist Information Center・・・＜travel by bus＞・・・18:15 The tour ends at the tourist bus stop at Sendai Station East Exit upon arrival
Juhyo, referred to as Ice Monster, is a rare natural phenomenon seen at limited places such as Zao, Japan. Juhyo does not always occur in cold places. There must be a large forest of natural evergreen conifers. Geographical features and meteorological conditions are perfect for juhyo. Enjoy the panoramic view of the vast juhyo.
〈Overview of the tour〉
1.Check-in at the skiing ground and put on the cold-proof boots. The tour price includes the rental fee of the boots.
※Exclusive reception is available for the customers who chose the deluxe class. Have a complimentary drink at the exclusive lounge. A rental blanket in the vehicle is available. You can get a portable body warmer and the original goods. (The fees are included in the deluxe class price.)
2. Get ready and ride the "Wild Monster" vehicle. Take pictures of the overwhelming juhyo. You will go up as high as 1700 meters above sea level on the Zao Mountain range. In addition to juhyo, you can enjoy the marvelous views of the Sendai Plain and the Pacific Ocean on a sunny day. In bad weather, you may experience a blizzard that is necessary for juhyo.
3. After the 2-hour juhyo visit tour, it's time for lunchtime. Why not eat lunch on the rooftop of the Rest House while enjoying the splendid views?
4. After going down the mountain, you will be shown to Togatta Hot Spring Resort, a resort that has a history of more than 400 years. Soak in the hot spring and unwind your fatigue.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：10 hours
- Minimum number of participants：1 person
- Meeting point：Tourist bus stop at Sendai Station East Exit
- Access：A 5-minute walk from Sendai Station Tourist Information Center
*Leave the station from the 2nd floor and walk the free passage. Take an elevator or an escalator to the ground floor. Find the white bus marked with "Sumikawa Snow Park" at Sendai Station East Exit tourist bus stop.
- Tour conductor for 24 hours：None
- Accompanying National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter or Local Licensed Guide Interpreter：None
- Meals (included in a tour fee)：None
- Language support：Japanese
- Included：Ticket for the standard class snow vehicle, cold-proof boots rental, transportation stipulated in the itinerary, taxes such as consumption tax
- Excluded：Ticket for the deluxe class snow vehicle (optional)
Expenses such as transportation not stipulated in the itinerary, and personal expenses (lunch, admission to the hot spring, etc.)
- Items to bring：Cold protection measures (thick jacket, knit cap, gloves, sunglasses), motion sickness medicine (if necessary)
- Participation requirements：Not recommended for those who have a backache or serious heart trouble.
- Free Wi-F：〇
- Toilet： 〇 (Western-style)
- Clothes：Clothes easy to move in
- Other things to note：
・The tour price varies depending on the period.
・An infant aged 2 or younger who does not require a seat can join the tour free of charge. They can sit on the knees of the guardian.
・Please write the age and number of infants who join the tour free of charge.
・In case of bad weather, the juhyo visit tour may unavoidably be canceled partway through and changed to the natural Kamakura (snow hut) tour. In that case, you cannot demand a refund.
【TOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS】
Before booking the tour, please confirm the Tour Terms & Conditions and save the document.
【TOUR PLANNER AND CONDUCTOR】
Regional Branding Institute Co., Ltd.
Aqua Terrace UⅡ Bldg. 8F, 2-20-3 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0034
Travel Agency registered with a Tokyo Governor 2-7547
A regular member of All Nippon Travel Agents Association
10 to 8 days before the departure date of the tour 20%
7 to 3 days before the departure date of the tour 40%
2 days before the departure date of the tour 50%
The day before, On the day of the departure date of the tour 100%
After the tour departed, No show 100%