Explore Miyagi's Magnificant Frost Covered Tree Forest by Snow Car
Duration: 10 Hour(s) (approx.)
Get up close and personal with the majestic ice fields deep in the pristine wilderness. You can even touch some of the world's rarest natural formations! After a wild ride up to the ice field in a snowcat, the Wild Monster, lunch will be served at a rest house where you can enjoy the spectacular view. In your free time, take a stroll around the hot spring town, footbaths, and public baths.
- This is a tour to see the world's rarest and most mysterious juhyo, trees covered in soft rime.
- Easily accessible by shuttle bus from Sendai Station.
- From an altitude of 1,700 meters, enjoy a spectacular view of the Sendai Plain and the Pacific Ocean!
- After descending the mountain, stroll around the hot spring resort and maybe even give traditional Kokeshi doll making a try before relaxing in the hot springs.
- With the Deluxe Class, get access to an exclusive reception desk and lounge. Enjoy a comfortable ride in a snowcat with the front-facing, separate seats (optional).
※The maximum price is the price including the options
【AVAILABLE TOUR DATE】
A：From December 26, 2020 to January 8, 2021
B：From January 9, 2021 to January 31, 2021・From March 1, 2021 to March 14, 2021
C：From February 1, 2021 to February 28, 2021
[7:50] Meet-up at the designated location.
[8:20] Board the shuttle bus and ride to Sumikawa Snow Park.
[10:25] Prepare for the tour by putting on rental winter boots and other equipment.
[11:25] Board the snowcat 'Wild Monster' and start the Miyagi Zao Juhyo Tour.
[13:00] Lunch Break
[13:50] Board the shuttle bus to leave Sumikawa Snow Park.
[14:30] Free Time
[16:50] Departure from Togatta Onsen Tourist Information Center.
[18:15] Tour Ends
These frost-covered trees, also called snow monsters, are a very rare natural phenomenon that can only be seen in a few places in Japan, including Zao. Zao in Miyagi Prefecture not only meets the strict conditions necessary for the occurrence of soft rime but also has a large population of trees that creates an expansive field with a panoramic view of these snow monsters.
On a clear day, you can see out across the juhyo to the Sendai Plain and the Pacific Ocean.
These formations only occur during blizzards when the temperature drops to -10 degrees celsius.
After the two-hour tour, enjoy lunch and a day trip to a hot spring.
*Deluxe Class passengers can enjoy drink service at the lounge, blanket rental, and a gift of a pocket warmer and original products (optional).
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：10 hours
- Minimum number of participants：1 person
- Meeting point：Tourist bus stop at Sendai Station East Exit
- Access：A 5-minute walk from Sendai Station Tourist Information Center
*Leave the station from the 2nd floor and walk the free passage. Take an elevator or an escalator to the ground floor. Find the white bus marked with "Sumikawa Snow Park" at Sendai Station East Exit tourist bus stop.
- Tour conductor for 24 hours：None
- Accompanying National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter or Local Licensed Guide Interpreter：None
- Meals (included in a tour fee)：None
- Language support：Japanese
- Included：Ticket for the standard class snow vehicle, cold-proof boots rental, transportation stipulated in the itinerary, taxes such as consumption tax
- Excluded：Ticket for the deluxe class snow vehicle (optional)
Expenses such as transportation not stipulated in the itinerary, and personal expenses (lunch, admission to the hot spring, etc.)
- Items to bring：Cold protection measures (thick jacket, knit cap, gloves, sunglasses), motion sickness medicine (if necessary)
- Participation requirements：Not recommended for those who have a backache or serious heart trouble.
- Free Wi-F：〇
- Toilet： 〇 (Western-style)
- Clothes：Clothes easy to move in
- Other things to note：
・The tour price varies depending on the period.
・An infant aged 2 or younger who does not require a seat can join the tour free of charge. They can sit on the knees of the guardian.
・Please write the age and number of infants who join the tour free of charge.
・In case of bad weather, the juhyo visit tour may unavoidably be canceled partway through and changed to the natural Kamakura (snow hut) tour. In that case, you cannot demand a refund.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Face masks provided for travelers as needed
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
・Guides required to regularly wash hands
【TOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS】
Before booking the tour, please confirm the Tour Terms & Conditions and save the document.
【TOUR PLANNER AND CONDUCTOR】
Regional Branding Institute Co., Ltd.
Aqua Terrace UⅡ Bldg. 8F, 2-20-3 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0034
Travel Agency registered with a Tokyo Governor 2-7547
A regular member of All Nippon Travel Agents Association
【CANCELLATION POLICY】10 to 8 days before the departure date of the tour 20%
7 to 2 days before the departure date of the tour 30%
The day before the departure date of the tour 40%
On the day of the departure date of the tour 50%
After the tour departed, No show 100%