「Keep the time tour 」Conserve the history; where landscapes culture, and traditions are protected
Duration: 3 Hour(s) (approx.)
Location:Kanoashi District, Shimane
This is a three hour guided cycling tour in which participants ride an electric bicycle and visit Tsuwano Hyakkeizu (The One ndred Landscapes of Tsuwano). Enjoy the beautiful sceneries of Tsuwano and feel and live the history as the friendly guide transports you into the stories.
- Learn about life in Tsuwano both now and in the past by visiting the locations drawn in the 150 year old Tsuwano Hyakkeizu
- Visit spots where you can see and feel the culture and traditions carefully passed down from generation to generation
- Blend yourself into the harmonious connection with nature Tsuwano has always had
- Ride a comfortable electric bicycle through the stunning countryside.
[13:00] Meeting up, Self introduction, Introduction
[13:10-15:00] Visit and explore the historical and cultural places in Tsuwano
[15:50] End of tour
*You will be given data of the photos taken on the day.
*The timetable may change depending on the situation on the day.
In Tsuwano the value of ordinary life has been long held sacrosanct.
This value is typified in the famous series of paintings called the Tsuwano Hyakkeizu (The One Hundred Landscapes of Tsuwano).
These beautiful images capture the traditions, such as festivals and shrines, nature, cuisine and lifestyle as it was 150years ago. You can see the genuine daily life of that time and be surprised at how many similarities you can still find in Tsuwano now.
History is forever changing in the name of modernisation; our information based society always seeking for convenience. While
infrastructure development has progressed, Tsuwano has taken a different path. Here, the choice has been to conserve the scenery and keep the townscape and lifestyle relatively unchanged.
Our friendly local guide will take you into the thoughts and values of the locals, the scenery they cherish and what new interactions bring to Tsuwano. Enjoy the hidden stories behind each picture while visiting the locations on a comfortable electric bicycle!
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Duration：3 hours
- Meeting point： In front of JR Tsuwano station [MAP]
* Ushiroda, Tsuwano, Kanoashi District, Shimane 699-5605
- Language support： Japanese, English
- Included： The price includes rental bicycles, English speaking guide and insurance fee.
- Excluded： drinks
- Items to bring： drinks, comfortable clothes
- Participation requirements：
* Height; 145cm and above
* We do not recommend you join this tour if you have a back problem
* You cannot join this tour if you are pregnant
* We do not recommend you join this tour if you have serious heart illness or other major medical conditions
- Free WI-FI： None
- Toilet： Western style toilet : available
- Other things to note：
* For your safety; please follow the guide’s instructions and obey all traffic rules.
* Since there are only two children’s bicycles per tour, we may not be able to take your booking depending on your required numbers. (In that case we will contact you via email)
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Face masks provided for travelers as needed
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
・Guides required to regularly wash hands
・Regular temperature checks for staff
・Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
・The tour is all outdoors.
4 to 7 days before the tour date; 40% of the tour price
2 to 3 days before the tour date; 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date / on the day of the tour; 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.