Make Your Own Original Kumamoto Sweets--"Matsukaze"
Duration: 1 Hour(s) (approx.)
Enjoy making Kumamoto’s traditional sweets “Matsukaze” at Amatoya Honten.
You can wrap the freshly made pine-style hand-wrapped items yourself and bring back your original matsukaze.
- Enjoy traditional Kumamoto sweets making. Wrap your sweets yourself and take them home.
- Learn the history and manufacturing process of “matsukaze” while tasting your creation and drinking green tea in the traditional style room.
- Why not visit hot springs after the tour? The shop is located close to one of the main hot spring towns!
[00:00] At Amatoya, listen to the store manager's explanation about the history and how to make the sweets (matsukaze).
[00:20] Make your own original matsukaze.
[00:50] The tour finishes. After the tour, you can freely purchase sweets sold in the store.
Learn about the history of Kumamoto’s traditional sweets "matsukaze" and how to make them from the store manager.
After tasting, you can wrap the fresh "matsukaze" and take your sweets home with you.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：1 hour
- Meeting point：Amatoya Honten
940 Waifu, Kikuchi city, Kumamoto, 861-1331
- Access：25 mins by car from Higo-Otsu station of JR Hofu-line
- Language support：Japanese
- Included ：Sweet making experience, Sweets Souvenir (made by you)
- Excluded：English translations
- Participation requirements ：
・ You can bring a stroller.
・ You can participate in the tour by placing your infant on your lap.
・ Those who have allergies to sugar, flour, chicken eggs, and poppy seeds are not allowed to join the tour.
- Free Wi-Fi ：No
- Special condition：
- Other things to note：Tour time schedule may be changed due to the weather and season.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.