Hiroshima: Local Favorites Night Food Tour
Duration: 210 Minutes (approx.)
Your local guide will take you to three hidden gems in Hiroshima. The tour will take approximately 3 hours.
- The places we will visit are not commonly known among tourists, but are famous among locals.
- Enjoy regional delicacies from Hiroshima, including okonomiyaki, oysters, and local sake.
- Visit three taverns ("izakaya") in 3 hours.
- Learn the food culture rooted in Hiroshima and the history of the town.
- A friendly local guide will enliven your experience.
Meeting (Peacecle Tourist Information Center) ⇒Self-introduction⇒Take a tram to the dining area (about 10 min) ⇒Visit the three recommended restuarants ⇒Tour ends (we will take you to the meeting place or a station heading to your accommodation)
There are many delicious things in Hiroshima! However, there is more than just food; friendly locals and great ambiance await you at taverns known only by the locals. This tour enables you to experience the food culture and bar hopping like a local.
The first bar will serve you with a drink and an appetizer. In the second one, you will enjoy a good meal (the main dish) with a drink. And in the third place, you will have okonomiyaki or dessert. You can enjoy the course meal throughout the town of Hiroshima.
[Communicating with local people]
You can lighten your meal by having a conversation with the staff of the shops you visit as well as the guides accompanying you. Toast with everyone! Spending time in the town of Hiroshima will help you create unforgettable friendships and memmories.
[Gourmet food that can only be found in Hiroshima]
Hiroshima has great local dishes using the ingredients grown in the calm Seto Inland Sea. Locals believe that comfort food such as Okonomiyaki played a great roll in uplifiting the town when they were recovering from the atomb bomb. Vegetarian options are also available if you request in advance. Enjoy the best food that Hiroshima has to offer!
【THINGS TO NOTE】
Time： 210 minutes/person
Meeting point： Peacecle Tourist Information Center
2-29 Kyobashicho, Minami-ku, Hiroshima-shi
1. A 5-minute walk from the South Exit of JR Hiroshima Station
2. From the South Exit, go to the South Exit Underground Square and take Exit 8 to go up to the ground. Go in the direction of the Enko River.
3. Cross the Ekimae-ohashi Bridge, cross the Jonan-dori Street at the first traffic signal and turn right.
4. The office is before the APA Hotel Hiroshima-Ekimae Ohashi. (Peacecle Tourist Information Office)
Language support： English
Included ：Guide fee, 1 dish (okonomiyaki), and 1 drink at the first bar
Excluded：Food and drink not included in the tour price
Things to bring：None
Participation requirements ： 20 years and over
Restrooms：◯ (at restaurants you visit)
Other things to note ：
・ For safety reasons, drinking alcohol is not allowed if you are pregnant or
in a poor physical condition.
・ If the tour participants agree, it is possible that the time may be extended.
・The dish in the photo is an image
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred
in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.