Experience Nagoya "Yuzen" Scarf Dyeing
Duration: 2 Hour(s) (approx.)
You will learn the traditional Nagoya’s "Yuzen" dyeing technique used in the decoration of traditional silk kimono. You can choose your favorite pattern and color and dye a beautiful scarf.
- Get inspired by the highly colorful designs and gain a sense of this Japanese art form.
- Make a beautiful masterpiece with a professional craftman.
- Choose your favorite pattern and colors to make your original masterpiece.
●Explanation & preparation (5-10 minutes)
●Yuzen dyeing experience (90 minutes)
●Clean up (10 minutes)
First, you will learn the history and techniques of Nagoya "yuzen", a traditional craft that has been around for more than 300 years, directly from a professional craftsman. Nagoya yuzen is characterized by a simple design combined with few colors to create a beautiful final product. Learn about the story behind the simple and beautiful design. After the lecture, you will try dyeing a silk scarf using the katagami (cut paper with a beautiful pattern). You can make an original masterpiece by choosing your favorite color and pattern. After dyeing, you will wash your masterpiece with water. It takes about a week to dry your work, so the craftsman will mail your finished scarf to you at a later date.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：120 minutes
- Meeting point：Akatsukasenkojo [MAP]
- Access：Take Nagoya Municipal Subway Meijyo Line from Nagoya and get off at Shigahondori Station and walk for 3 minutes. Or take the bus bound for Kami-Iida from Nagoya Station and get off at Kosei-dori 1-chome, about a 5-minute walk from the bus stop.
- Language support：Japanese, English
- Included：Material cost, experience fee, postage cost
- Excluded：Travel expenses
- Participation requiremen：Over 10 years old
- Free Wi-Fi：×
- Toilet：〇 (Western-style)
- Other things to note：You can borrow an apron, but please wear something that you can get dirty.
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the
The day before the tour date, on the day of
the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made,
a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes