Enjoy a "Tsuzumi" (Japanese drum) and Splendid Traditional Lunch Experience
Duration: 3 Hour(s) (approx.)
Location:Kumamoto-shi, Chuo-ku, Kumamoto
A Japanese restaurant near Kumamoto Castle where you can experience performing the "Tsuzumi," which is also used in Noh, a form of classical Japanese dance-drama that has been performed since the 14th century. Afterwards, you can enjoy Kumamoto's local cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Conveniently located just a five-minute walk from Kumamoto Castle, making it easily accessible from tourist spots.
- This is an extravagant experience where you can receive a lecture on the performance of "Tsuzumi" from a Noh performer who has been recognized as an important intangible cultural asset.
- After experiencing "Tsuzumi" you can enjoy the local cuisine for lunch at a Japanese restaurant with over 70 years of history.
[10:30] In the stage area on the 3rd floor of AOYAGI, learn about Noh and its performers through videos and explanations.
[10:50] Learn how to play the "Tsuzumi" and after practice, you will perform with music. The guide will be filming the performance.
[11:30] Enjoy AOYAGI's honmaru gozen (traditional Japanese meal) at the private dining room located on the 2nd-4th floors.
At AOYAGI, a Japanese restaurant with a history of more than 70 years, conveniently located just a five-minute walk from Kumamoto Castle, you can receive a lecture on how to play the "Tsuzumi" from a Noh performer who has been recoginzed as an important intangible cultural asset in Kumamoto, and enjoy the local cuisine for lunch. If your are tired from visiting Kumamoto Castle, you can also relax and enjoy yourself.
【Things to note】
- Meeting point：
AOYAGI Main Store
1 Chome-2-10 Shimotori, Chuo Ward, Kumamoto, 860-0807
5 minute walk from "Torichosuji" on Kumamoto City Tram Line A and B.
5 minute walk from "Kumamoto Castle and City Hall" on Kumamoto City Tram Line A and B
- Language support：English, Japanese
- Included：Lunch, "Tsuzumi" (Japanese drum) experience, English interpreter
- Excluded：Drinks (to be paid on site)
- Free Wi-Fi：Yes
- Toilet：Available (Western Style)
- Other things to note ：
Please let us know at the time of reservation if there are any ingredients that you cannot eat due to allergies or other reasons. We will do our best to create a menu that does not include these ingredients.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
【CANCELLATION POLICY】7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.